Re: Invalid index error

From: Rich Shepard
Subject: Re: Invalid index error
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 16:29:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004, Geraint Paul Bevan wrote:

> "prod" will get the product of all of the rows for you:

Geraint,

  Perhaps my manual edition is out of date. I read on page 177:

prod (x)  # There's only a single parameter, you used two parameters.

"... For a matrix argument, return the product of the elements in each
_column_ as a row vector."

  I need the products of each row.

  Also, I need to calculate the 6th root (since there are 6 elements in each
row) of that product, then normalize the elements by dividing them by that
root. I used **-6 because I do not find a function to extract the nth root
of a value. Is this the proper way?

Thanks,

Rich

--