Re: octave questions

From: Peter Jensen
Subject: Re: octave questions
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 21:30:28 +0000

Ilhem,

For small developments is is properly best to have the m files
in the current directory. You can then type "functiontest"
on the octave command line.

To see what directory you are in type "pwd". You will properly
be in /octave_files, which is equivalent to c:/Program Files/GNU Octave 2.1.50/octave_files/

if you type cd / you will get to the "root" of the system which is
c:/Program Files/GNU Octave 2.1.50/. You can then
navigate the directory structure via "cd". Again to see you "options"
type "ls". You should see something like :

A C octave_files opt tmp

A and C are you usual disk drives and may not appear, as they are not
automatically created by some windows packages (In particular
the newest version 2.1.50. If they do not appear you are effectively
prevented from navigating outside the "GNU Octave 2.1.50"
directory. In that case put your files under octave_files. If
you want to navigate the C drive ask somebody how to create the
links to "C" (I can't remember.....).

Peter

Ilhem Z wrote:

Hi,
I have to work with octave but i installed it on windows XP .
I am writing my functions in a notepad document (" functiontest.m") for example. My problem is that i can't source any file '.m' , octave doesn't find it anywhere and i don't knox how is the syntaxe to call the file path in order to parse it with 'source'.
(i.e: source "functiontest.m"----> doesn't work)
please could you help me?
thanks a lot.

Cr�éez gratuitement votre Yahoo! Mail avec *100 Mo de stockage !*
Cr�éez votre Yahoo! Mail <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=25917/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/mail_taglines_100/default/*http://fr.benefits.yahoo.com/>

*Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arriv�é !* D�écouvrez toutes les nouveaut�és pour dialoguer instantan�ément avec vos amis. T�él�échargez GRATUITEMENT ici ! <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/mail/taglines/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=26111/*http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/messenger/mail_taglines/default/*http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com>