Re: Matlab to Octave or R ?

From: Robert Lawson
Subject: Re: Matlab to Octave or R ?
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 10:21:18 -0800

Thank you Paul, Joe, and Alois for the useful information about Octave and Matlab compatibilites. I looked at biosig and it looks like it will be very useful.

I apologize for my delay in responding- I have been studying more about Octave and GnuPlot when I wasn't distracted by little grandkids running around screaming. I found some examples of how gnuplot can do the kind of spatial interpolation I need to make EEG topographic maps.

The EEGlab topomapping routines are very complicated in that they calculate the raw voltage of the EEG or of the EEG components and make maps of those. I will spend some time getting a simple Matlab topomapping routine that will make maps from my FFT data instead of from the raw EEG.

I will be out of town until after the first of the year. When I get back, I will make and post a script that does this when I return after the first of the year.

Robert