Re: surf()/mesh() broken ?

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: surf()/mesh() broken ?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:18:27 -0700

Emmanuel Vazquez wrote:
Bug report for Octave 2.1.64 configured for i386-pc-linux-gnu

-----------

Functions surf() and mesh() seem broken in the Debian packaged 2.1.64 version of octave

For example
surf(peaks)
produces the following result on its first call

----
sp '/tmp/oct-quoAnd' u 1:2:3 t "line 1"
^
line 0: no functions or data to plot
----

However the file '/tmp/oct-quoAnd' is present and is readable.

This is related to
http://www.octave.org/octave-lists/archive/help-octave.2005/msg00070.html
(that is why I x-posted to the "help" list, though the discussion should be
in the "bug" list)

The command line for splot:

sp '/tmp/oct-quoAnd' u 1:2:3 t "line 1"

is wrong for the data file (it has only one column of data, hence "1:2:3"
format is wrong)
I do not know what has changed: data file format, or code that generates
the command line for gnuplot...

It is definitely a bug.

Sorry for not being more helpful.

Dmitri.