mkoctfile questions

From: Brian Blais
Subject: mkoctfile questions
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 20:22:53 -0500

Hello,

I have a few questions about making dynamically linked functions, and
the libOctave.

1) are the any example files for doing simple things with the Matrix
class?  There is the Octave dynamically linked cookbook, which I find
very useful, but is there anything else?  a directory with some toy
examples would be the easiest to make, and for me the most useful.

2) how do you extract elements from a multi-dimensional matrix?

3) how do you work with uint8 matrices?  is there a way to tell whether
a matrix passed into a dld is uint8?

thanks in advance for any help!

                        Brian Blais
--