C++ using Octave headers, mkoctfile

From: Steve C. Thompson
Subject: C++ using Octave headers, mkoctfile
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 08:28:10 -0800

Dear all,

I'm running Monte Carlo simulations and would like to convert the core
parts of my code to an .oct file by using mkoctfile on C++ code using
the Octave headers.  Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with
C/C++ and the documentation is very limited.  The *Coda cookbook and
tutorial have helped, but I need more examples -- preferably a resource
that explains how to do the majority of the Octave commands with the C++
equivalent.  I suppose an experienced programmer could view the .h
source files or use the Doxygen website and get all he needs, but it is
all very cryptic for me.

I have learned how to generate random variables -- a big step.  But I'm
currently stuck on building a complex matrix (or returning a complex
number).  For example, what would the C++ code be to generate:

n=[0:29]';
W=zeros(30,30);
for k=1:30
 W(:,k)=exp(j*2*pi*k*n/30);
end

(If you run this with plot(W), you get a nice graphic.)

Thanks in advance!

Steve Thompson
San Diego