compiling octave .m file

From: Ferhat Bingol webmail
Subject: compiling octave .m file
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 05:00:33 -0800

Hi All,

I am very very new to Octave, I need help.

I was using MATLAB before now I am trying to port my old codes into
Octave. I have some problems and I could not fınd examples in the Octave
official documentation.

I am using Octave for Windows 2.1.40a.

My proplems are...
1) I need more examples about PLOT function. I want to plot more than 1
figure. When I do that it plots the first one but not the others.
2) I also need to compile some simple routines and make EXE files which
I was doing with MATLAB. I guess I need to use gcc or any C++ compiler
on windows. But, how to configure and how to use it are the questions.

I know I am new and do not expect detailed explanation.

Please, just point me to some examples, if you can...

Thanks
Ferhat