Re: [ANNOUNCE] cmo 0.0.4 released, cmo SourceForge page created.

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] cmo 0.0.4 released, cmo SourceForge page created.
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 09:26:40 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Driss Ghaddab wrote:

This is my last post on Octave list concerning minor releases to CMO, Concurrent Modules for GNU Octave. Interested readers may join cmo-devel mailing list or the different forums on the CMO SourceForge page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmo/

I would like to understand what CMO does. Is there a source on the web that gives more details? I would especially like to understand how this can be used to make Octave more useful for users interested in specific scientific applications of Octave. What does CMO do?

When I click on a "view documentation" link on the sourceforge pages, I get nothing. I downloaded the program and looked in the doc directory. There is a .tex file that starts out like this:

  A module \Module\ is what is run in a separate thread. A module
  communicates with Octave via its module interface \ModuleInterface\
  that leverages all communication and basic management tasks from the
  module.  There exist one and only one module of some type.  Each
  developed module must be derived from the abstract class \Module. Each
  module is identified with a unique case-sensitive name.

To me this seems rather cryptic. I think this is something I can use, but I'm not quite understanding what it will look like from a user perspective once a module is configured and working. I don't know how the module is called - from the shell? from Octave?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.