2.1.68 fails to compile on Solaris

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: 2.1.68 fails to compile on Solaris
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 11:28:06 -0500

On 29-Mar-2005, steven mestdagh <address@hidden> wrote:

| I ran into the following error when trying to build octave on solaris:
|
| make[3]: Entering directory
| `/freeware/octave/src/octave-2.1.68/libcruft/misc'
| make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/features.h', needed by
| `quit.d'.  Stop.
|
| any suggestions?

The .d files are not part of the distribution.  Did you perform an
earlier build on a different architecture?  If so, try

  make distclean
  ./configure
  make

or start from scratch by unpacking a fresh copy from the tar files, or
if you want to build for multiple architectures from the same source
tree, do the builds in directories that are separate from the source
tree.

jwe