Re: function definition

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: function definition
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 20:02:11 +0200

Hi
If I understand your problem correctly you can do something like this:

function [ ret ] = some_name (a, b, x)
  ret = a(x) + b(x);
endfunction

And then call this function with arguments like this:

some_name( @sin, @cos, 3)

which will give you the value of sin(3) + cos(3)

hope that helps,
Søren

address@hidden wrote:

Hello,

I've got a problem, which, I'm sure will have a trivial solution:

I need to define a function as a linear combination of other functions, like

f(x)=a(x)+b(x)

How can I do it in Octave?

Thanks a lot,
Hana.