XP installation

From: Serpa Gino
Subject: XP installation
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:14:24 -0400

Maybe this question is to basic for you guys but I will give it a try anyway

I installed octave in my windows XP machine. Went to the  Octave forge and downloaded

 octave-2.1.42-windows-noatlas.exe

I run it, it installs life is good.

I get a nice icon on my desktop. I double click on it and I get a window with octave, it works but...
as I type I get a weird bar before each character I type..like in
3+4  look more like   |3|+|4| |

so everything works but it is very annoying to have those bars in there
could anybody please help me??

Thanks in advance
Gino

Gino Serpa, PhD