Re: How to test for "integer"?

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: How to test for "integer"?
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:38:20 -0700

Thought I just didn't see the test.

I've already checked the variable to see if it is complex.

I like your idea...

if (mod(abs(n),1)==0)
  message="n is an integer"
endif

is my 2nd test, but...

if (floor(x)==abs(x))
  message="x is a positive real integer"
endif

...does all 3 tests in a single line, thanks.

What is the advantage of using a built-in function?
Does a built-in function make it faster?

         - Robert -