Re: print.m no longer working

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: print.m no longer working
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:18:32 -0600

On 5/19/05, Joe Koski <address@hidden> wrote:
> on 5/19/05 9:50 AM, Michael Creel at address@hidden wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> > I'm trying to use print to create some .eps files. It's no longer working:
> >
> > octave:1> plot(rand(3,1))
> > octave:2> print("test.eps","-depsc2")

> On my Mac with octave-2.1.69 and octave-forge, I got the error message "can
> only plot in 2 or 3 dimensions" when I tried to update my print and legend
> to use the __gnuplot_replot__ routine in order to eliminate the warning

FWIW -- the current print.m from the recent octave-forge works fine
with octave-2.1.71.
address@hidden octave]$ octave
GNU Octave, version 2.1.71 (i686-pc-linux-gnu).
Copyright (C) 2005 John W. Eaton.
octave:1> plot(rand(3,1))
octave:2> print("test.eps","-depsc2")
warning: in fopen near line 55, column 3:
warning: fopen: default open mode is now binary
octave:3> quit

The test.eps file is on
ftp://coffee.phys.unm.edu/pub/dima/octave/test.eps

I am using a recent gnuplot-4.1 cvs snapshot, but I doubt it matters.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.