Re: windows version of Octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: windows version of Octave
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 11:37:32 -0400

On 23-May-2005, Doug Stewart wrote:

| The next step for me to get going is gnuplot?
| Andy, I have your 2003 instructions and I think I can get gnuplot
| running the way you did,
| but I am not sure how to get a newer version of gnuplot working.
|
| you said
| "
| Currently there are two options to invoke gnuplot from Octave:
|
|     * pipe-gnuplot.exe
|     * pgnuplot.exe
|
| "
|
| How should I be doing it now???

For Cygwin, I think the best thing is to use the version of gnuplot
that is distributed with Cygwin.  It is installed as "gnuplot".  Then
to use it, you should startx first, then run Octave from the xterm
window that startx opens.  That way, gnuplot can open multiple frames
and the figure function will work.

jwe