OT: visualizing 3D data

From: Jeff Abrahamson
Subject: OT: visualizing 3D data
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 07:00:43 -0400

I am using octave to analyze data related to 3D surfaces.  The results
are sets of points on those surfaces.  I would like to visualize my
results.

I've thought of using povray to draw lots of little balls whose
aggregate would look like a point cloud on a surface.  This should
work, but maybe is the hard way.

Anyone have any other suggestions of routes I should explore?

Thanks much.

--
 Jeff

 Jeff Abrahamson  <http://www.purple.com/jeff/>    +1 215/837-2287

** NOTE ** Please use this temporary address
   (address@hidden) until mid-July.  All mail sent to
   address@hidden and address@hidden will be received and queued
   for me, but I don't have easy access until mid-July.

   This address will go away in late July.  Krypton's mail server will
   shut down a few weeks later.