Re: changing the color of curves continuously

From: Francesco Potorti`
Subject: Re: changing the color of curves continuously
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 09:50:48 +0200

>   * Permission to modify the software is granted, but not the right to
>   * distribute the complete modified source code.  Modifications are to
>   * be distributed as patches to the released version.  Permission to
>   * distribute binaries produced by compiling modified sources is granted,
>   * provided you
>   *   1. distribute the corresponding source modifications from the
>   *    released version in the form of a patch file along with the binaries,
>   *   2. add special version identification to distinguish your version
>   *    in addition to the base release version number,
>   *   3. provide your name and address as the primary contact for the
>   *    support of your modified version, and
>   *   4. retain our contact information in regard to use of the base
>   *    software.
>   * Permission to distribute the released version of the source code along
>   * with corresponding source modifications in the form of a patch file is
>   * granted with same provisions 2 through 4 for binary distributions.
>Note that you are allowed to distribute modified versions, though not
>in the most convenient way (you must distribute the original and
>patches).  AFAIK, this is GPL compatible.

It is certainly free, but those four points may be viewed as additional
restrictions with respect to the GPL, and so incompatible with it.  I am
not stating that it is like this, but this can certainly be argued, and
I think with some reason.

--
Francesco Potortì (ricercatore)        Voice: +39 050 315 3058 (op.2111)
ISTI - Area della ricerca CNR          Fax:   +39 050 313 8091