Re: documentation in pdf format

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: documentation in pdf format
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 22:30:21 +0200

Hi,
I had a quick look at your code, but I couldn't seem to make it work. Your "octave_pdf.sh" is:

#!/bin/bash
cp octave.texi x.texi
echo $1.temp >> x.texi
echo "@bye" >> x.texi
cat $1 | grep -v texinfo > $1.temp
texi2dvi --pdf --batch --enable-encoding --lang=pt x.texi
mv x.pdf $1.pdf
rm x.texi x.log $1.temp

This didn't work for me because $1.temp doesn't exist, so you should properly change your code to:

#!/bin/bash
cp octave.texi x.texi
cat $1 | grep -v texinfo > $1.temp
echo $1.temp >> x.texi
echo "@bye" >> x.texi
texi2dvi --pdf --batch --enable-encoding --lang=pt x.texi
mv x.pdf $1.pdf
rm x.texi x.log $1.temp

That being said, I couldn't find the cause of your problems as I got an error running texi2dvi (it couldn't handle the line starting with "@deftypefn"). Sorry I couldn't be of more help, good luck

/Søren
Jorge Barros de Abreu wrote:
Hi for All.
In translation need to generate a file in pdf format to verify the conditional "iftex" translation.

In commutation_matrix the pdf generated file the charter underscore "_" is replaced by a dot. I try to replace "_" by "\_" manually but do not work.

There is correction for it????

I put all files to reproduce this situation in
http://usr.solar.com.br/~ficmatin/pdf.tar.gz

To generate the pdf type:

octave_pdf.sh commutation_matrix

Thanks