Re: mkoctfile error

From: Geordie McBain
Subject: Re: mkoctfile error
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:45:53 +1000

Hello.  I'm a bit confused by your set-up, so I'm returning this to the
mailing list.  (Confused as usr is normally a top-level directory, as
in /usr, and not a subdirectory of ~/desktop, as in ~/desktop/usr, nor
~, as in ~/usr.)

I guess, though, that you do have a directory called usr in your home
directory, which in turn contains local/bin/mkoctfile, since
~/usr/local/bin/mkoctfile seems to exist.

I guess you might not have g++ installed?  Or you might have it
installed, but not on the path.  So we're back to paths again.  Can you
compile C++ programs outside Octave?  Where is the g++ executable that
you call to do so?

Geordie McBain
www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/~mcbain