Re: Newbie question

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Newbie question
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 17:19:05 -0600

When a graphical output has a continuous range of color or gray scale, such
as a photograph, octave doesn't currently have a way to pass scale
information to gnuplot/aquaterm. As a workaround, Paul Kienzle's bmpwrite.m
is used for image.m on a Mac. This allows the image to be written into the
.bmp format, which is then automatically opened by the OS X in Preview.

The latest gnuplot 4.0/Aquaterm 1.0 combination now has color/gray scale
capabilities. It's a matter of developing the necessary routines.

Joe