Re: Problem with last version of Parallel Knoppix

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: Problem with last version of Parallel Knoppix
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:01:04 -0200

Riccardo Corradini wrote:

Dear Michael Creel,
I found probably a bug in Parallel Knoppix (last version of august 2005).
When I open the terminal octave window it gives me an error
in line 21 of file  .octaverc in /home/knoppix.
Is everything all right with that?
Has to do with the fact that my PC is not connected with other computers?
Thanks a lot in advance
Respectfully
Riccardo Corradini

Hi Riccardo,
This is because .octaverc is looking for the MPITB extensions in /home/knoppix/Desktop/parallel_knoppix_working, which doesn't exist until you run the SetupParallelKnoppix script. So for ordinary nonparallel use of octave, this is a harmless error.

To the list: I have asked Riccardo not to post P-KPX questions here - I'm only answering here this time so that people don't get the impression that there is a serious problem.

Michael