RE: Warnings suppression in save commands

From: Bertolissi.External
Subject: RE: Warnings suppression in save commands
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:29:46 +0200

Hi Bill,

Unfortunately, your solution is only *almost* perfect.
The bad news is that, I don't know why, with your command I am perfectly
able to suppress the warnings, but Octave does not display even some of
my printf (even though there's no "warning" string in them).
Maybe the problem is that Octave issues these warnings not in new lines,
but they are appended to my printf.
I'm just trying to guess, can this be the case?

But anyway, I can leave with these warnings...
It's only a metter of style...
Unfortunately, I am really "stylisch".  :o)

Example of desired output:

[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMaximumY
[OCTAVE]                   |--> RUN: 1 [DONE]
[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMinimumY
[OCTAVE]                   |--> RUN: 1 [DONE]
[2005/09/23 13:08:40] [SCHEDULER_____PROGRESS] Octave script execution
completed

Example of the same output but with undesired warning messages (blank
line included):

[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMaximumY
[OCTAVE]                   |--> RUN: 1 [DONE]
[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMinimumY
[OCTAVE]                   |--> RUN: 1 [DONE]          warning: save:
Inf or NaN values may not be reloadable
warning: save: Inf or NaN values may not be reloadable

[2005/09/23 13:22:43] [SCHEDULER_____PROGRESS] Octave script execution
completed

Example of the same output, with the trick contributed by Bill (the
warnings are correctly suppressed but there's a blank line in place of
the last RUN DONE):

[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMaximumY
[OCTAVE]                   |--> RUN: 1 [DONE]
[OCTAVE]     EXECUTE JOB: CalculateMinimumY

[2005/09/23 13:24:58] [SCHEDULER_____PROGRESS] Octave script execution
completed

-Lorenzo