Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cm

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: Octaviz installation on Mac but first need VTK, and possibly also Cmake
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 21:20:09 -0700

Henry

I do not work on a Mac, and so my help will be limited. I am also the only other subscriber to the octaviz list at the moment! You might also try the octaviz web forums (in the sourceforge site).

I haven't tried anonymous cvs checkout in awhile, but it should work according to the sourceforge instructions. You could also try the last release, octaviz-0.4. This you can download directly as a tarball.

You will definitely need cmake and vtk (>vtk-4.4) to compile octaviz. I do not know if you can get these through fink or not. If not, install them from source from the vtk website (vtk.org).

HTH,
Jonathan

Henry F. Mollet wrote:
From Octaviz website at http://octaviz.sourceforge.net/index.php?page=build

You'll need octave 2.1.53 or later and VTK CVS to build octaviz. To compile
octaviz, run "ccmake ." in the root directory of the source tree, then
"make" and finally "make install".

[/Develop] -bash-2.05b 533$ cvs -d
:pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/VTK login
Logging in to :pserver:address@hidden:2401/cvsroot/VTK
CVS password: PAM authenticate error: User not known to the underlying authentication
module
cvs login: authorization failed: server public.kitware.com rejected access
to /cvsroot/VTK for user anonymous

Password is supposed to be VTK but it does not work. I need help from
somebody who installed octaviz on Mac OS 10.4.2.

Also, it it not potentially problematic to create a directory "/Develop"
when I already have a directory "/Developer"?

Also, VTK requires Cmake. I'm not sure if I have it.
[/Develop] -bash-2.05b 534$ locate CMake
[/Develop] -bash-2.05b 535$ locate cmake
/sw/fink/10.4-transitional/stable/main/finkinfo/devel/cmake.info
/sw/fink/10.4-transitional/stable/main/finkinfo/devel/cmake.patch
/sw/fink/10.4-transitional/unstable/main/finkinfo/devel/cmake.info
/sw/fink/10.4-transitional/unstable/main/finkinfo/devel/cmake.patch
/usr/X11R6/bin/ccmakedep
/usr/X11R6/bin/gccmakedep
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/html/ccmakedep.1.html
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/html/gccmakedep.1.html
/usr/X11R6/man/man1/ccmakedep.1
/usr/X11R6/man/man1/gccmakedep.1
[/Develop] -bash-2.05b 536$

Can somebody please help.