mkoctfile and *any* gui toolkit under cygwin

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: mkoctfile and *any* gui toolkit under cygwin
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 11:48:49 -0400

On 27-Oct-2005, Brian Blais wrote:

| Does anyone know of *any* gui toolkit that has been demonstrated to
| work with octfiles in cygwin?  I have tried with fltk, and gotten
| nowhere (compiles fine, but hangs, even on simple examples).  I
| don't know others well enough, but this is really the hangup right
| now for developing a cross-platform GUI for octave.
|
| any ideas?

Are you able to build other working .oct files?  Are you sure you are
using the same C++ compiler to build the .oct files that was used to
build Octave?  Is there a Cygwin package for fltk?  Is fltk C or C++
code?  If it is C++, was it compiled with the same C++ compiler that
was used to build Octave and the .oct file that you are using to
connect the two?  Do you have a small self-contained example that you
can provide so someone else might be able to reproduce the problem,
including precise directions that explain how to get and install the
necessary extra stuff like fltk, and exactly what to do to demonstrate
the bug?

jwe