Re: Install 2.9.3 - problems with gnuplot

From: Ron Crummett
Subject: Re: Install 2.9.3 - problems with gnuplot
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:11:54 -0800

It looks as though what happened is that I installed xcas on my machine, which automatically added a patch to gnuplot. I am in the process of figuring out what step to take now:

-removing and reinstalling gnuplot does nothing
-I think if I could remove xcas (I abandoned it for Maxima a while ago) would help, but I don't know how to remove programs. (I installed it by typing tar xvfz ~/xcas_root.tgz ; ldconfig if anyone can point me in the right uninstall direction - I'm still somewhat new to Linux too.)

Thanks!

-Ron Crummett

John W. Eaton wrote:

On 29-Oct-2005, Ron Crummett wrote:

| John W. Eaton wrote:
| | > On 29-Oct-2005, Ron Crummett wrote:
| >
| > | When I try plotting, I see the gnuplot execution stuff
| >
| > What do you mean by "gnuplot execution stuff".  When you report
| > problems, it helps to be precise.  Otherwise, how do you expect anyone
| > to be able to help you?
| > | >
| Sorry, I wasn't sure what exactly to call it.  Let me give you an example:
| | octave:3> x = 0:10;
| octave:4> y = x.^2;
| octave:5> plot(x, y);
| octave:6>
|        G N U P L O T
|        Version 4.0 patchlevel 0 - modified for xcas

This is not the version of gnuplot that I have on my Debian system.
Where did you find a version that prints this startup info?

jwe