Re: cygwin octave-forge bugs

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: cygwin octave-forge bugs
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:34:16 -0500

On Nov 14, 2005, at 8:21 AM, James R. Phillips wrote:

--- Quentin Spencer wrote:

2. Core dump in the "waitbar" function.

Calling this function with any arguments I tried resulted in a core
dump. Based on my knowledge of the code (which I wrote) when the
function is called from a smart terminal, it tries to get information
about the terminal and use fancy escape sequences to produce a
reverse-video progress bar across the terminal. If these features are
unavailable, it defaults to a simpler version of the function that
should work in more different environments. I don't know exactly what is
causing the problem, but it may be possible to get the simplified
version of the function to work by overriding the settings that are
detected by configure.

-Quentin

I would like Paul's comment on this.  I would like to do a new cygwin
octave-forge release soon (when the archive is in a releasable state), but I
don't know if this problem will be addressed.

Try compiling it without -DUSE_TERM to see if it crashes.  It should
be easy enough to force USE_TERM to be false for cygwin.

- Paul