Re: octave to c compiler?

From: Jens Ruecknagel
Subject: Re: octave to c compiler?
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:48:34 -0600

I wrote an octave to c++ compiler prototype.

There are two approaches:

1) just replace the octave functions by the corresponding c++ functions,
and use the dynamic typing class Octave_value. This approach is simple -
you just need to take the time to go through all the Octave functions.

2) Try to find out the data types, which the programmer of your .m-file
meant to use. This can be achieved using type estimation - but this is a
bit more complicated.

I wrote 2 student papers about these issues:

www.ruena.de

I never tried out the stratego octave translator: It seems to be pretty
good. It seems to do some type estimation - ...

http://www.program-transformation.org/Octave/WebHome
The paper can be downloaded here:
http://archive.cs.uu.nl/pub/RUU/CS/techreps/CS-2003/2003-049.pdf

Maybe I'll reed it tonight. :-)