Re: large input data

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: large input data
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 12:56:11 -0800

Similar requirement.  Sometimes the data is scooped up from
an Excel spread sheet, or sometimes just a lot of terms.

I use a text editor (sometimes notepad) to make an ascii
data file, dataset.txt.  Include "fake" headers at the top
of the file [those five lines at the top, describing what
the data is] to make it look like a standard ascii style
octave file.

then use...
>> load -force "dataset.txt";
...to load it in, and overwrite the specific variable.

            - Robert -