function handles and internal functions

From: Matthias Remmery
Subject: function handles and internal functions
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 05:18:19 -0600

Hi,

I am trying to translate a fairly large matlab package that uses lots of
function handles and have run into some trouble regarding function handles.

An example of my problem/bug ? :

//File test1
function handle = test1
handle = @dosmth
return;
endfunction

function result = dosmth(a)
result = doit(a)
return;
endfunction

function result = doit(a)
result = a+5;
return;
endfunction

//File test2
function test2(a)
b = test1;
feval(b,a)
endfunction

When calling the test2 function octave reports that "doit" is undefined inside
the "dosmth" function when calling the feval.

I'm using the cygwin version of octave version 2.1.71.

Comments ?,
Matthias Remmery