octave no longer checks time stamp on functions

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: octave no longer checks time stamp on functions
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 17:13:46 -0700

ARRRGGGG! all of a sudden octave is no longer checking the
time stamp on my function scripts.

  [using octave 2.1.50 on Win98]

never happened before, but suddenly happens all the time.

I have NOT changed the checking function:

>> ignore_function_time_stamp
ignore_function_time_stamp = system

...as it always used to be, but for some reason, octave is
not paying attention to the fact that I changed my function
script.  It's as though system means all.

If I'm making any changes to my function, I have to always
"prefice" my function...

>> clear myfunction;[out1, out2]=myfunction(var1, var2);

everytime I change the script, else I get the old compiled
version which does not contain any changes.

Any ideas?

               - Robert -

PS
  To get to my workspace, I use
>> cd C:\AAA\newdir\run01

octaverc is still empty, only has the original comments in
it.