Re: For the FAQ: What (system|compiler|package) do you use?

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: For the FAQ: What (system|compiler|package) do you use?
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:12:26 -0500

On 4/30/06, Etienne Grossmann <address@hidden> wrote:
in order to accurately update the FAQ, I'd like to do the following
survey:

Do you expect us to respond to the mailing list, or have you set up a
questionnaire in some webpage? At any rate, seems I have already
responded, so I'll proceed with the rest of the questions.

1) What operating system do you use octave on?

Debian GNU/Linux, mixed testing/unstable with testing preferred.

2) Was octave compiled on your own machine?

No.

   b) Else, where does the binary come from?

apt-get install, baby. It's the only way.

      In particular, anything else than Debian, Suse, RedHat, MacOsX,
      Windows+Cygwin from Sourceforge?

Nope. It doesn't feel right to use free software on non-free operating
systems anyways.

- Jordi