META: Top-posting considered harmful?

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: META: Top-posting considered harmful?
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 12:03:30 -0500

Hi. First, some context:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

Now, about this mailing list, it doesn't seem like we have a FAQ
compiled for it, or at least I can't find it. Nevertheless, I would
like to know if a few etiquette rules could be visible somewhere, so
that people are aware of them. In this case, I am referring to
top-posting, of course.

It's not a big deal, and I'm aware that many modern mail clients make
it very easy to do, but could I kindly request that the list's users
consider not using top-posting? The Wikipedia article above echoes
many of my opinions and rationale for making this request.

My own personal preference would be to suggest trim-posting, but I'll
settle for bottom-posting for want of something better.

But like I said, it's not a big deal. I'm sure the top-posters have
their reasons. I don't want to start a flame war here. Please ignore
me if you find this request annoying.

- Jordi