Re: large integer support?

From: Geoffrey Knauth
Subject: Re: large integer support?
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:15:24 -0400

I did not know there was an Octave-GMP interface.  Thanks!

On Jun 8, 2006, at 19:29, David Bateman wrote:

Geoffrey Knauth wrote:
I believe Octave does not have support for large integers, but I thought I'd check here.

How large is large to you? Octave supports int64 and uint64 matrices, at least for real values. If you want arbitrary integers then the vpa function from octave-forge might be what you are looking for, in that its basically a wrapper for GMP. Note that its for scalars only...