Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: building octave 2.9.5 on Tiger
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 10:50:25 -0400

On 25-Jun-2006, Daniel Oberhoff wrote:

| On my system it's called gnused, but that's beside the point, why not
| have configure check for this and maybe ask for a gnu compatible sed?

There is already a test for sed in aclocal.m4 but it is checking to
make sure that sed doesn't truncate patterns at around 100 characters
(if I remember correctly).

It's not enough to test by the name of the program.  You'll also need
to test to make sure that the feature we need is available.  If you
submit a working patch for this, I'll consider it.  Otherwise, I think
I'd rather just rewrite the patterns in this case.

jwe