fread(fid,16,'*char') error

From: David Grohmann
Subject: fread(fid,16,'*char') error
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 14:54:10 -0500

I am running octave 2.9.6 on a 4 processor Xeon linux machine
I have this line in an m file that runs in matlab, I am in the process of getting it to run in octave.

fread(fid,16,'*char')

Octave returns this error.

error: unable to find matching native data type for *char

But reading the documentation that octave gives for fread this should be ok.
Any ideas?

--
David Grohmann
Senior Student Associate