LOADPATH ignored (2.9.6)

From: Austin Lund
Subject: LOADPATH ignored (2.9.6)
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:38:15 +1000

I don't know if the 2.9.* versions are supported, but I thought I would ask anyway. I seem to have the problem that my LOADPATH variable is ignored. This makes running octave-forge pretty hard. I have:

octave:5> LOADPATH
LOADPATH = /home/lund/octave-forge/oct:/home/lund/octave-forge//:

and as a test I put a script called test1.m in the octave-forge directory:

octave:12> pwd
/home/lund/octave-forge
octave:13> ls test1.m
test1.m

Then:

octave:14> cd
octave:15> test1
error: `test1' undefined near line 15 column 1

Has the usage of LOADPATH changed? Should I be setting a different variable for 2.9.6. I have gcc 3.4.5 (old I know) and complied with the patch as per advertised on the webpage. Does this break load-path.cc?