Re: Installing Octave in Windows XP

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: Installing Octave in Windows XP
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:25:32 -0700 (PDT)

It seems I replied to this once; but I don't see my reply in the mailing lists.
 I don't get it.

In any case, I think the problem may be that you are just unfamiliar with how
to operate the cygwin setup.exe program.  After you select a mirror, the
program downloads the list of available packages, which can then be sorted in
several ways, using a button in the upper right of the window.  Pick "By
Category", and you should see the math category, along with many others.  By
clicking on the "+" sign by math, this category will open, and you should see
"octave" there, along with several others.

The address@hidden is really the proper place to discuss issues with
setup.exe, and you may reply there if you wish (I monitor the list), but be
sure to read the cygwin faq's for other helpful information before you mail the
list.

Thanks,

James R. Phillips
cygwin octave maintainer