how to build octave with ufsparse lib

From: frank wang
Subject: how to build octave with ufsparse lib
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 17:39:38 -0700

Hi,

I have finally build the UMFpack and other packages for sparse matrix. Could someone tell me where I should put these library files and how to build octave to use these library? I have copied these file to usr/local/lib and type ./configure in octave directory, octave configure file still cannot find the lib and header files such as umfpack.h, etc. Should I copy all source code of UMFpack into the octave source directory?

Thanks

Frank