Octave/gnuplot question

From: Holmes, Tim
Subject: Octave/gnuplot question
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 14:54:03 -0500

Hi,

I am a MATLAB user and have used gnuplot in the distant past.  I have
installed the latest version of Octave and Cygwin.  I am able to get my
Matlab .m file to run.  I am overlaying many plots on a single set of
axes.  Gnuplot/Octave wants to automatically place a legend ("Line 1 -,
Line 2 -", etc.) on the plot.  When I am trying to plot 100 to 1000 runs
(a bit detector's "eye" pattern) this is unacceptable.  I have reviewed
the Octave and gnuplot documentation and cannot find the proper command
to shut this off.  Help!

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Holmes