Re: How does Octave shine?

From: Donald J Bindner
Subject: Re: How does Octave shine?
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 20:13:30 -0500

On Wed, Sep 20, 2006 at 05:41:34PM -0400, Tom Holroyd wrote:
> Furthermore, beyond just being free, if you've ever been
> prevented from running Matlab by a misconfigured license manager,
> despite having paid for a license, you'll know what a royal
> fcking pain it is to fix it. A program whose sole purpose is to
> prevent you from using software is just evil.

Loud second on this one.  Every point release seems to require
upgrading the license server as well.  I can't believe what a
pain the license server for Matlab is; worst I've used for any
software I can remember.

Last time I had the Mathworks guy on the phone I thanked him for
reminding me why I liked free software so much.

Don

--
Don Bindner <address@hidden>