Re: Build Help on Mac Intel

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Build Help on Mac Intel
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 15:14:04 -0700

On Oct 4, 2006, at 12:53 PM, Shane Lee wrote:

A quick update concerning my building woes.

On the PowerBook G4, I was able to "successfully" run

./configure --disable-readline

though it's not ideal, but running

make

yielded a long process that ended prematurely. The last bit of data
before it stopped was:

/System/Library/Frameworks/Accelerate.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ vecLib.framework/Versions/A/libBLAS.dylib(single
module) definition of _xerbla_
ld: Undefined symbols:
restFP
saveFP
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[2]: *** [liboctave.dylib] Error 1
make[1]: *** [liboctave] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Any interpretation/suggestions would be mightily appreciated.

Would typing "sudo make" help? (Also, would typing "sudo ./configre" work without having to disable readline?) I'm groping in the dark in the hope of hitting a light switch.

---John.