Re: octave 2.9.9 under cygwin does not find scriptfiles on network path

From: Eric S. Carlson
Subject: Re: octave 2.9.9 under cygwin does not find scriptfiles on network path
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:38:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Benjamin,

How did you get 2.9.9 to compile under cygwin? I have tried for several
months to get the 2.9.x to work, but I always get errors when I get to
ls-mat5.cc. Any special tweeks you made or the specific guideline file(s)
you used for the build would be greatly appreciated.

I have managed to get 2.1.69 to not interfere with a standing cygwin
installation (unlike the 2.1.73 distribution that ships from octave-forge),
but do not know if this hack will work in general, so I hesitate to post. I
would like to test on 2.9.x first, but can not get it to go.

Thanks,Eric Carlson