mex problems

From: Daniel Oberhoff
Subject: mex problems
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:06:03 +0200

Hi all,

Since I was a little annoyed with Matlab using so many resources just for its huge Java GUI which I don't really need I decided to give octave 2.9.9 a shot. 2.9.9 because I extensively use a mex-function and 2.9.6 could not handle it (I use struct and cell arrays). 2.9.9 however compiles it cleanly (OSX Tiger with dependencies mainly from MacPorts, formerly darwinports, and gfortran from HPC), but calling the function gives me:

error: failed to install .mex file function `mexfunction`

Now, before I go into the details of my configuration and of the mex- code I would like to know if there is a way to get more detailed information on what made this fail.

Daniel Oberhoff