debug mex file in octave

From: frank wang
Subject: debug mex file in octave
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:57:21 -0700

Hi,

I have downloaded octave 2.9.9 for Fedora and using mkoctfile compiled an cpp code. The compile process went very well without any problem. However, I need to debug the code. So I starts gdb octave. gdb echos message such as:
 (no debugging symbol was found)
using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1"

then I tried to set a breakpoint by:

b fft_mx512.cpp:40

Then gdb echos:

No symbol table is loaded. Use the "file" command

I tried to use file command as:

file fft_mx512.mex

gdb echos:
Reading symbols from path/fft_mx512.mex...done.

then I set the break point by:

b fft_mx512.cpp:40

then I run the octave by:
run

Then gdb got segmentation fault. The message is
Starting program: path/fft_mx512.mex
breakpoing 1 at ox36277c: file fft_mx512.cpp, line 40.
warning: shared library handler failed to enable breakpoint
Reading symbols from shared object read from target memory....done.
0x00000001 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Can anyone help me to figure out how to debug my code in octave? I remember that I build an old version octave 2.9,7 sometimes ago and I can easily to debug mex file created by my c code. I actually also used gdb to debug octave code. However, since building octave for me is very difficult(too many dependency on external packages), so I decided to use the prebuild octave for Fedora. But I need to debug my code.

Thanks

Frank