Re: matlab,octave clone in java. JMathLib

From: James R. Phillips
Subject: Re: matlab,octave clone in java. JMathLib
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:46:51 -0800 (PST)

The OP was using java for a _new_ project, and I was responding favorably to that, not with any implication that octave needs to be ported.

I guess it isn't hard to understand that the scilab team prefers java to fortran.  Other comparisons are not so clear-cut.

However I think there is a clear demand for octave functionality outside the boundaries of posix and X, as well as for improved graphics compatibility with matlab.  Appropriate tools helping meet that demand should be looked at closely.

jrp