Re: reading matrix-market format files in octave

From: david moloney
Subject: Re: reading matrix-market format files in octave
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 07:27:57 +0000

I'm using cygwin

GNU Octave, version 2.1.73 (i686-pc-cygwin).
Copyright (C) 2006 John W. Eaton.

looks like I need to download a newer version

On 12/1/06, Bill Denney <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Ozzy Lash wrote:

> On 12/1/06, david moloney < address@hidden> wrote:
>> I tried including the mmread and mmwrite files downloaded from
>> http://math.nist.gov/MatrixMarket/mmio/matlab/mmiomatlab.html in my
>> Octave search path.  These .m files however generate errors and do not
>> appear to be compabible with octave syntax.  Is there some other way of
>> reading .mtx files in Octave?
>
> Which version of Octave are you using?  mminfo and mmread seem to work
> fine with the latest octave-2.9.9 and the associated octave-forge
> packages for debian unstable.  I didn't try mmwrite.  I only tried it
> against the 1138_bus.mtx matrix.  Here is a snippet of the results:
>
> octave-2.9.9:2> A=mmread("1138_bus.mtx")
> A =
>
> Compressed Column Sparse (rows = 1138, cols = 1138, nnz = 2596)

Sparse support is significantly better in 2.9.9 than it was prior to about
2.9.5, and so the current 2.9 series is likely required.

Bill

--
"I've done every thing that the Bible says. Even the stuff that
contradicts the other stuff."