Re: macosx mex error: failed to install .mex file function `myhello'

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: macosx mex error: failed to install .mex file function `myhello'
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 21:51:49 +0100

John W. Eaton schrieb:
On  3-Jan-2007, Thomas Treichl wrote:

| Aha, I see, never tried the "nm" command. This is my output:
| | macmini:~/Developement/octave/examples Thomas$ nm myhello.o
|    0000006a S ___i686.get_pc_thunk.bx
|    00000000 T _mexFunction
|             U _mxCreateDoubleMatrix
|             U _mxGetPr

Please try the following patch.

Thanks,

jwe

Dear John,

the patch - like always - works perfectly ;o) See my output in MacOSX:

  octave:1> myhello
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::open, file.c_str() is:
  /Users/Thomas/Developement/octave/examples/myhello.mex
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::open, returnCode is: 1
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::open, handle is: 0x102d70
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::open, isOpen is: 1
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::search, handle is: 0x102d70
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::search, sym_name.c_str() is: _mexFunction
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::search, symbol is: 0x3f30c8
  I'm in function octave_dyld_shlib::search, I don't get here.
  ans =  1.2346

No mex-error anymore. Thank you very much!

I read the last entries in the help-list at octave.org about the problems that may occur when trying to compile octave from scratch on MacOSX. Meanwhile I prepared a README-file for octave, resp. a describtion about "HowTo Minimalistic GNUify A Intel-Core-2 MacOSX For Building Octave From Scratch". I'll post this the next 48 hours here.

Best regards,
Thomas