Octave Interfacing Options

From: David Nepomuceno
Subject: Octave Interfacing Options
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:17:10 -0800 (PST)

I'm new to Octave.  My assignment is to display a graph from a .NET app (C#) and I am considering using Octave.  I'm thinking of simply doing the following:

      - Have the C# code build an octave script and save it into a .m file.
      - Have the C# code run Octave with the .m file as argument (can this be done?).
        The script would probably follow this outline:
           > Set up matrix of input values
           > Invoke octave function or script with matrix as argument
           > Plot

Can you suggest a better way to accomplish this?  Can I do it by talking to Octave directly (not via a .m script file)?  I searched the archives and I saw something about an Octave compiler that might help.