Re: List of constants.

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: List of constants.
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:45:21 -0500

On Feb 9, 2007, at 6:56 AM, Muthiah Annamalai wrote:

Hello there,

I was looking for some physical constant (Boltzmann Constant K),
 lately, and thought if we had some inbuilt thing in Octave
(Octave-Forge) like the table from NIST, at
http://www.physics.nist.gov/cuu/Constants/Table/allascii.txt
it could be quite useful.

I wonder if anyone has thought about it, and has better ideas
to share.

ATM I have some crude scripts to generate cookie-cutter
scripts-functions that return the value of constants.

You don't want to add a new function for every constant.

How about having a function which can return the desired
constant, or perhaps return a static structure containing
all constants.

Also, you might want to return a vector of exponents on
the seven basic SI units rather than a string.  With it you
can do things such as scale between cgs and mks.

- Paul