Re: Octave 2.9.x on Windows/Cygwin?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: Octave 2.9.x on Windows/Cygwin?
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 07:06:03 +0100

> >> it's probably just a matter of connecting to the right repo. one that
> >> would have the "latest" version.
> >> not sure though
> >> good luck.
> > No, 2.9.9 has not been added to cygwin (I think because it is deemed
> > unstable, might be wrong though). See http://cygwin.com/packages/
> > for a
> > list of packages available in cygwin.
> > Michael
>
> So, then, what are my options to get 2.9.x on my Windows box?
>
> Matthias

AFAIK, there is no 2.9.x package available for cygwin.
Your options are:
1) Compile it yourself (under cygwin, this is)
2) give the native win32 binary a try. See the thread staring at
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2007-January/001694.html

both options have pros and cons, depends on personal choice then.

benjamin
Jetzt GMX ProMail testen: www.gmx.net/de/go/mailfooter/promail-out