Octave 2.9 + Aquaterm

From: Laurent Decreusefond
Subject: Octave 2.9 + Aquaterm
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:40:38 +0200

Hi everybody,

Until yesterday, I had octave 2.1 + aquaterm + gnuplot all of them installed via fink on my Mac with Tiger X.4.

The last upgrade of Fink switched me to octave 2.9 and changed nothing else. My problem is now the following

-in my previous configuration, plots were appearing in Aquaterm even if Octave was launched from Emacs (carbon), a shell in Terminal.app or in an X11 terminal. I hadn't configured anything.

-now, Aquaterm is launched only when I am invoking octave from an X11 terminal. In Terminal.app or in Emacs, I get an ugly raw plot in text format.

How can I come back to the previous situation. I particularly miss this functionality from Emacs.

Thanks,